Your completed assignment should be saved as Word document and submitted to your WebTycho assignment area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus. Your document should be neat, well-written with minimal grammatical and spelling errors. Your name should be clearly listed on the first page along with the class/section, professor and due date. Your document should contain page numbers at the bottom of each page. Single or double space line formatting is acceptable.
You should name the file yournamehw4.docx (or yournamehw4.doc). So if my name was Julie Smith, I would name my document juliesmithhw4.docx.
An example HW4.doc template file containing the required sections is included in the available resources. You should use this document to start your writing and fill in all of the details required.
Final Project- (30%)
Your final project will be to analyze, design, and document a simple program that utilizes a good design process and incorporates sequential, selection and repetitive programming statements as well as at least one function call and the use of at least one array. The specific problem you need to solve for the final project is: Design a program that will allow a user to Input a list of your family members along with their age and state where they reside. Determine and print the average age of your family and print the names of anyone who live in Texas.
Final Project Deliverables:
There are two deliveries for this project. The first delivery is the project plan which provides your problem statements, problem analysis, and how it will comply with the project specifications. The project plan is worth 10% of your grade. The final delivery will be your completed project design along with your code comments and comprehensive test plan. The final delivery is worth 20% of your grade.
Your project plan is due in week 7 by midnight EST, on the specific date posted in the class schedule. The final delivery is due no later than the last day of class. Your instructor’s policy on late projects applies to this project.
Example Project Plan and Final Project template files, containing the required sections are included in the available resources. You should use this document to start your writing and fill in all of the details required.
Project plan format and length:
The documentation describing your analysis and test plan should be written using Microsoft Word. The font size should be 12 point. The page margins should be 1 inch. The paragraphs should be formatted with double line or single line spacing. Any figures, tables, equations should be neatly labeled. All references should use APA style.
Final Project Grading:
This activity is awarded 30% of the total grade in the course. The project elements are assessed as follows:
1. Problem definition: Design a program that will allow a user to Input a list of your family members along with their age and state where they reside. Determine and print the average age of your family and print the names of anyone who live in Texas.
A. Problem Analysis – Following the directions in the assignment, clearly write up your problem analysis in this section.
Note: Your Design, code comments and test cases will be submitted next week.
Design a program that will allow a user to Input a list of your family members along with their age and state where they reside. Determine and print the average age of your family and print the names of anyone who live in Texas. Family contains ten members.
Problem Analysis – Following the directions in the assignment, clearly write up your problem analysis in this section.
- The program is to calculate the total average of the family age wise and determine their location with only printing out those members that are from Texas. The program will take inputs from the user who will input the name, age and location of each family member. The program will take the years of all members entered and add them all together and then take the total of members entered (10) and divide the total coming up with the average age. The program will also calculate and identify each state of each person entered and using the defined input identifies those people from Texas and prints their names out only. The output of the program is three fold. The total average age of all family entries, identify who is from Texas and print their name out.
· Required input – Name of person
· Required input – Age of person
· Required input – State of where person came from
· Required output – average age of all persons entered
· Required output – printed name of person(s) from Texas ONLY
a. The program will take inputs and calculate the average of all of the ages entered, identify which persons are from Texas and print their name out.
b. An array will be used to hold the data for calculating who comes from Texas
c. The program will do the following:
i. Declare name, age and state arrays for those members
ii. Array will be up to the user entered values.
iii. It will take user input for name age and state in a loop
iv. It will calculate average age and identify who live in Texas
v. Final function will print out average age, identify people’s names from Texas and print it out.
For this program, user will be asked for name, age and state of their family members, one by one, until the user decides to stop entering this information. To achieve the given task (printing average family age and identifying residents of Texas), following modules need to be created:
– Main module: This module will be the one running on program startup. It will be responsible to get user input and call appropriate modules to calculate and display average family age and display family members those are residents of Texas
– calcAverageAge module: This module will take family ages as input and count of family members as input and calculate and display average family age. This module will be called from within Main module.
– printTexans module: This module will take family names as input and will print names of the family members from Texas. This module will be called from main module.