Class: BUS309032VA016-1198-001:Business Ethics
Assignment: What are the company’s moral obligations in the article you chose? How might Utilitarian, Kantian, or virtue ethics address the issue; what ideals, effects, and consequences are at stake?
Body Paragraph 1
This assignment will give you the opportunity to choose an article and then write about the ethical implications and the impact of the events that are described. Read and reflect on ONE of the following articles.
Write a paper in which you:
- Analyze the following questions associated with your chosen article and discuss them using concepts you learned in this course.
- What ideals, effects, and consequences are at stake?
- Have any moral rights been violated?
- What would a Utilitarian recommend?
- What would a Kantian recommend?
- Explain your rationale for each of your answers to your chosen article with supporting evidence.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the considerations for and process of ethical business decision making to balance corporate and social responsibilities and address moral, economic, and legal concerns.
- Analyze selected business situations using the predominant ethical theories, such as utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics to guide ethical business decision making.
- Determine the implications and impact of various civil liberty laws in the workplace, such as hiring, promotion, discipline, discharge, and wage discrimination.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about business ethics using proper writing mechanics.