Write a small discussion on ONE of the topics we learned below.
This week, we reviewed all course concepts. Select a topic from your readings, outcomes, objectives, concepts, and sub-concepts (below) and present a question that applies to a concept or a disease process, wellness, or illness. Submit your question in the following formats: audio, text, or webcam. Once your comment has been posted, submit responses to your peers’ questions and comments. Consider the outcomes, objectives, and concepts below when formulating your initial question.
Your question and response should explain, illustrate, justify, trace, discuss, compare, contrast, agree or disagree, interpret, evaluate, and summarize.
Weekly Outcomes & Weekly Objectives
- Explain the pathophysiologic processes of select health conditions.
- Predict clinical manifestations and complications for select disease processes.
- Correlate lifestyle, environmental, and other influences with changes in levels of wellness.
- Review normal physiology.
- Describe common types of disorders: causes, clinical manifestations, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
- Compare and contrast common conditions: causes, clinical manifestations, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
- Apply understanding of alterations across the lifespan to formulate care priorities.
- Review responses to aging and its impact on pathophysiologic changes in all systems.
- Review how heredity and genetics influence pathophysiology.
Main Topics and Concepts/ Subconcepts With Exemplar
- Review of materials
- Active Learning Templates completed
- Chapter readings
- Study guide sheets completed
- Notes from in-class discussions
- Acid-base imbalance: respiratory failure
- Acute versus chronic conditions: heart failure
- Cellular regulation: leukemia
- Fluid imbalances: dehydration
- Perfusion: myocardial infarction
- Elimination: gastroenteritis
- Nutrition: anorexia
- Tissue integrity: venous stasis ulcer
- Infection: meningitis
- Genetics: sickle-cell anemia
For full credit, your initial post should:
-introduce the question
-include 2 scholarly sources (one is the book posted below, the other is a journal article or credible website)