Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 1.1: The Purposes of Educational Assessments
- Read Chapter 5: Placement, Diagnostic, and Formative Assessment
- Read Chapter 6: Summative Assessment
- Choose one of the following videos to watch:
Consider how the teacher in the video you selected was assessing for learning. Make any connections with your own professional or educational experiences.
Write (Post Initial Response by Thursday, Day 3)
Complete the following:
- Answer the following questions using evidence from your course readings, based on the video you selected above:
- What evidence did you see and hear regarding formative assessments being an assessment for learning? More specifically, how did the teacher in your selected video assess during learning and how does it connect with your course readings? Make reference to your course readings to support your response.
- How did the teacher in your selected video able to determine the current progress of his or her learners in relation to mastering the objective? Provide specifics from the video and reference your course readings.
- How is the use of formative assessments helping to prepare learners for the summative assessment? Make reference to your course readings to support your response.
- Select one the following digital tools that can be used in an educational setting to assess learners:
- Provide a description of the tool you selected and how it could be used to assess your leaners.
- Develop a specific example of how you might use it when instructing, and identify if it would be considered diagnostic, formative, or summative. Explain your reasoning with evidence from your readings.
- Discuss whether assessing learners through digital means makes assessing learners more efficient for educators. Why or why not? Provide evidence from your course readings to support your response.