Watch the PBS documentary:
(Documentary can also be found by searching the PBS website.)
Answer the following questions. Please copy and paste the question followed by the answer.
- How is Walmart able to keep track of its inventory? Why is
- What effects has this inventory system had on producers?
- What 2 powerful forces converged in the 90s that Walmart took advantage of? How did they take advantage of them? How has this changed the retailing business?
- What factors most contributed to the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994 to 2004?
- What is an opening price point? How does it influence sales?
- How exactly has Walmart kept its prices so low?
- In 1994, President Clinton said that new trade agreements would create a market for American products in China. What happened after opening trade with China?
- Describe in your own words what is happening to American retailers and American trade with China and how Walmart has impacted this dynamic.
- Compare Rogers to Walmart. List 5 major differences between a domestic company and a multinational company in terms of business practices and impact on the global economy. Explain in detail and cite your sources.