n this assignment you will read a Supreme Court opinion and explore the differences between legal writing and non-legal writing.
- Visit the U.S. Supreme Court website posted in this Unit.
- Click on the “Opinions” tab located at the upper left of the site, then click on
“Opinions of the Court” in the drop-down box.
- Choose and read the first 10 pages of any Case, they are in blue lettering under
the heading “Term Year 2019”.
- Answer the following, and be sure to number your answers:
1. In your own words, state the basic facts of the case.
information is presented?
- Minimum 1 page in length, excluding the Title and Reference pages.
- APA format, including proper legal citation for the case you are writing about.
o Ex: “Gerald Mitchell was convicted of DUI based partly on evidence showing that his blood alcohol level was above Wisconsin’s legal limit. Mitchell v. Wisconsin 588 U.S. ___ (2019). Mr. Mitchell’s blood was drawn while he was unconscious. Id. Mr. Mitchell asked the Supreme Court to suppress this evidence against him claiming that the blood was drawn in violation of his Fourth Amendment rights. Id.
• At least 2 resources. Your reference page will contain the link to the resources used.
Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.