Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this discussion, complete the TypeFocus Assessment quiz. The TypeFocus Assessment, offered by our Career Services (Links to an external site.) department, provides insight into your personality, interests, and values. Identifying your personality, interests, and values can help you choose a career that is meaningful and satisfying for you. Then view the Your Career Roadmap (Links to an external site.) video (below).
Reflect: Read through your TypeFocus Assessment results for the Personality Type, Interests, and Values categories.
- To access the Personality Type results: Click on the “Personality” tab under Self Assessments and then click on “Results.”
- To access your Interests: Click on the “Interests” tab under Self Assessments and then click on “Results.”
- To access your Values: Click on the “Values” tab under Self Assessments and then click on “Results.”
Think about how your personality will fit the career you wish to pursue after graduation or one that interests you. Careers are relationships we have with work, and like any relationship, they need to be sustainable. Choosing careers that support our interests and aligning them with our personal values will help us not only maintain our careers long term but will also make them more enjoyable and productive.
You might also consider exploring the following resources for additional information on careers and personality types:
Write: Using the information you obtained from your TypeFocus results, complete the following:
- Identify the career or position that you wish to pursue after graduation or career that interests you.
- Review the Personality Type Chart interactive (Links to an external site.) or the Personality Type Chart PDF. Use the information to help you describe how your personality type would fit your chosen career.
- Identify your top three interests from the TypeFocus results and explain how the career you selected would support these interests. Note: Interests are any combination of Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, or Conventional.
- Identify your top three values from the TypeFocus results and explain how the career you selected would align with them. Note: Values are any combination of Achievement, Independence, Recognition, Relationships, Support, or Working Conditions.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words.