Trait theory is one of the most popular approaches to studying personality. Researchers who work from this perspective search for identifiable, enduring patterns of behavior and thought processes that seem to apply to all people. To learn more about trait theory firsthand, visit the Keirsey Temperament website (http://keirsey.com) and complete the Keirsey Character Sorter and the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II. Then complete the following questions and incorporate them into a short (1 -2 page) paper.
1. How does the creator of this website define temperament?
2. What determines temperament?
3. How stable is temperament over the life span?
4. What are four basic temperaments? Briefly describe each type and give an example of each from the world of science, politics, or the arts.
5. Do you fit one of these patterns? Which one?
6. What role does temperament play in choosing a mate? What temperaments attract each other?
7. How valid do you believe these online scales to be as measures of personality?