Write a paper discussing your opinion based on research on the above topic. The paper should be at least 2 pages long, and not more than 4. The overall format of the paper is up to you, as long as it is an appropriate format that shows time and effort on the assignment. Keep this in simple, real world wording. Don’t just copy definitions from Bio 101 or resources. Write as though you are trying to explain the subject to your friends or family in your own words. You must use at least 3 resources to support your discussion.
Make sure you explore and fully answer the following questions in your paper.
· What are enzymes and how do they work? (Again, keep this in simple, real world wording. Don’t just copy Bio 101 definition.)
· What is the raw food diet? Full explanation
· What claims does the raw food diet make about not cooking foods because they destroy enzymes?
· What happens to enzymes during digestion/when it comes into contact with our stomach acids?
· Find support/oppostion for both sides of the argument (for and against) and what you find to be most believable.
· What happened in lab when you exposed enzymes to heat and different pHs? Use this information to discuss what may happen when food is cooked or exposed to stomach acid after we eat them.
· Make sure to discuss optimal temps and pH’s…different enzymes have different optimals…how does this play into this topic?
· Make sure to include your opinions on the subject. You can even make the paper persuasive if you like.
· Keep the focus on the topic above. You can discuss other benefits/disadvantages of the raw food diet; however, the majority of the paper should focus on enzymes in relation to the diet claims.