Chapter 4 of your text provides an in-depth look at the elements that help make up a good children’s book. For this assignment, you will create a lesson plan devoted to one of those key elements. You will first decide on a grade level to teach this lesson to. Next, choose a story that you feel is developmentally appropriate for that grade level. Then, plan a lesson that utilizes that story. Your lesson needs to focus on introducing or teaching one of the story elements shared in Chapter 4 such as: character, plot, setting, theme, or even beginning, middle, or end.
You can create a three- to four-page Word document. If you choose to create a word document, it must include the following:
- The grade level you are working with.
- The title and author of the book you are utilizing.
- All aspects of the lesson (use the lesson plan template for a reference).
- At least one story map from Story Maps, along with an explanation of how you will utilize it within the lesson development section of the lesson plan template.
- A closing summary explaining which of the guidelines for evaluating characteristics of quality children’s literature (from Section 4.4 of your text) you took into account when choosing the literature for this lesson.