Project 6: Global Approaches to Cybersecurity
Step 13: Compose Global Cybersecurity Environment Report
Throughout this project, you have researched and considered global cybersecurity issues, technologies, and related policies. You have evaluated various countries and international organizations. It is now time to compose your consultant’s report to GlobalOutreach documenting your findings. Refer to the instruction for the Global Cybersecurity Environment Report for additional guidelines.
Submit your completed report.
Check Your Evaluation Criteria
Before you submit your assignment, review the competencies below, which your instructor will use to evaluate your work. A good practice would be to use each competency as a self-check to confirm you have incorporated all of them. To view the complete grading rubric, click My Tools, select Assignments from the drop-down menu, and then click the project title.
- 2.1: Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration.
- 7.2: Evaluate international cybersecurity policy.
- 8.2: Evaluate specific cybersecurity threats and the combination of technologies and policies that can address them.
Instruction for the Global Cybersecurity Environment Report
Review the work you have done throughout the project. If necessary, review the eLearning modules in steps 6 and 9 and your Simtray Report completed in Step 3 along with the feedback from your instructor.
Be sure to address the following items at some point in your report.
- Analyze critical issues in global cybersecurity management and policy.
- Analyze critical issues in global cybersecurity technology policy.
- Analyze the principles of warfare that underpin cyberwarfare theory and application.
- Assess cybersecurity policies and procedures for transnational legal compliance.
- Compare and contrast international cybersecurity standards bodies.
- Identify key initiatives in international cybersecurity policy.
- Assess the cross-cutting effects of policy, budget, and technological capabilities upon the ability to address cyberthreats at the enterprise, national, and international levels.
- Assess policy and technology trade-offs that must be considered and made when addressing cyberthreats at the enterprise, national, and international levels.
- Assess and critique cybersecurity programs.
- Assess emerging cybersecurity issues, risks, and vulnerabilities.
- Assess key cyberattack technologies.
- Assess how the theories and principles of war apply to cyberwarfare, and apply those theories to understand cyberoffense and cyberdefense challenges.
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- International Cybersecurity Threat Matrix
- International Environmental Scan
- Regional Cybersecurity Threat Fact Sheet
- Botnet Evaluation
- Botnet Discussion
- Botnet Conclusion
- Reference Page