Student Advocacy and “Sweatshop” Labor: The Case of Russell AthleticUsing the Six Steps of Decision-Making framework from this week’s content, develop an responding to the following questions related to the case study Student Advocacy and “Sweatshop” Labor: The Case of Russell Athletic.Recognize decision requirement: What are the factors to consider in a corporation when deciding to outsource labor to developing countries? Include the following:
- Diagnosis and analysis of causes: If labor outsourcing to developing countries is a legitimate business strategy, how can it be handled without risk of running into a sweatshop scandal?
- Development of alternatives: What are other countries doing to avoid, reduce or eliminate sweatshops? Selection of desired alternative: Decide on alternatives for outsourcing for companies in developed countries, including whether or not to maintain or implement the same high labor standards and regulations as in the home countries.
- Implementation of alternatives: Which alternatives would be best for outsourcing for companies in the United States?
- Evaluation and feedback: Have your recommendations been implemented in other countries? Are they working? What has been the outcome?
- Be 5-6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Review the Critical Thinking Grading Rubric Critical Thinking Grading Rubric – Alternative Formats to see how you will be graded for this
Chapters 2 & 3 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
“In-Depth Integrative Case Study 1.1: Student Advocacy and “Sweatshop” Labor: The Case of Russell Athletic” (p. 109), in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior.
Lander, C. (2018). Foreign investment adaptations to the changing political and economic environments of the agro-food sector: A case study of Cargill Russia. Problems of Post-Communism, 65(3), 201-219.
The Lancet. (2019). Dealing with drug pricing: not just one solution. Lancet (London, England), 392(10165), 2655.
Comanor, W., Schweitzer, S., Riddle, J. & Schoenberg, F. (2018). Value based pricing of pharmaceuticals in the US and UK: Does centralized cost effectiveness analysis matter? Review of Industrial Organization, 52(4), 589-602.