Organize a Project
This assignment is intended to help you use leadership skills to gather project members from cross-functional departments and skill sets and lead them in the fulfillment and implementation of a mock project.
Discover the various responsibilities of a project manager by organizing a project. See Chapter 19, sections 19.9 and Cases.
Apply project management tools and a PM outline type of your choice to structure and plan the project by defining, planning, and controlling. The project will be a continuation of how to improve the process you chose in Weeks 1 and 2.
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint (supported by Excel and Word as needed) presentation, with detailed speaker notes, that includes the following:
- Project description
- Choose to Create ONE of the following: a.) Both Project Management Charts: Critical Path Chart and a Gantt Chart, OR b.) Just a Gantt chart showing each activity that needs to be completed before you move on to the next step or activity.
- Improved Process Flow Chart from Week 1
- Meeting cadence/rhythm and timing
- Metrics to measure the project’s success
- Financial and budgetary considerations
- Description of the project reporting structure
Cite references to support your assignment.