Opportunities & Challenges with Patient Safety Goals
After studying Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
National Patient Safety Goals
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2020).
- Chapters 56, 58-60, 62-63, 66, & 70-71
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Dyal, B., Whyte, M., Blankenship, S. M., & Ford, L. G. (2016). Outcomes of implementing an evidence-based hypertension clinical guideline in an academic nurse managed health center. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 13(1), 89–93. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12135
- Thomas-Hawkins, C. (2020). Registered Nurse staffing, workload, and nursing care left undone, and their relationships to patient safety in hemodialysis units. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 47(2), 133–143. https://doi.org/10.37526/1526-744X.2020.47.2.133
- QSEN Competencies Download QSEN Competencies
Sherwood, G., & Zomorodi, M. (2016). A new mindset for quality and safety: The QSEN Competencies redefine nurses’ roles in practice. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 41(1), 15–72.
- National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital Program Download National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2021 for the Hospital Program
The Joint Commission. (2021). Hospital: National patient safety goals for 2021. https://www.jointcommission.org/standards/national-patient-safety-goals/hospital-national-patient-safety-goals/