ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, CITED IN APA FORMAT & WILL BE SUBMITTED TOTURN IT IN. THIS IS ASSIGNMENT IS THE BUILDING BLOCK FOR A CAPSTONE TOPIC PROPOSAL. DUE DATE FOR THIS IS SATURDAY 03/20/21 @ 12 NOON EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Module 1 Assignment
CJ499- Capstone Topic Proposal
In a 500-750 word proposal, discuss the following prompts. Be very through and detailed so that you instructor has ample information to help you pick the best choice of a topic that has viability for investigation. You should use at least two (2) references to support your choices of topics and use APA writing style to format your proposal.
- What criminal justice problem(s) are you trying to solve? Prison/ Jail for mental health people, Prison & Jail living conditions. The Probation System.
- What two topics would you like to investigate during your capstone study? (You will only be approved for one topic, but by providing two topics this allows your instructor to guide you in the direction of the topic that best fits the nature of this course). Avoid overly general topics (like Prisons) and focus on a more specific area (like: do prison guards believe solitary confinement moderates the behavior of violent inmates immediately after they are released back into general population).
- Why are you interested in this topic personally?
- What academic value do your topics have? Why are these two topics important to the field of criminal justice or criminal justice education? What is the current state of affairs in criminal justice that justifies the selection of these topics? Who will benefit from your project conclusions and discoveries? Address each topic separately in your proposal.
- Who will need to be involved from the criminal justice setting? Who will assist you in better understanding and formulating a solution to the problem that you see to investigate? Be very specific. Begin approaching those individuals now so that you can gain access to them as a resource during the implementation of your capstone project.
- What are you expectations and goals for the capstone? What do you hope to achieve and gain from this experience?