Select one of the following forms of media:
- Social media
- Video games
- Music and/or music videos
Using the selected media, write a 750-1,000-word paper addressing the impact the media has on the cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development during middle childhood. Include the following in your paper:
- How the selected media can change brain functioning
- How the selected media can disrupt physical development
- How the selected media influences social development
- How the selected media can positively influence a child
- Briefly summarize how Bronfenbrenner’s bioecological systems theory would describe the impact of the selected media on the different systems that effect childhood development (refer to page 37 of the text as a guide).
Include at least three scholarly references, in addition to the text, in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.