Current job: Server in the restaurant.
Appy job for Server in the restaurant.
Reference your own personal background.
· Avoid providing highly personal/emotional responses.
· Avoid using examples that may not align with the interviewer’s values (religion, politics, sexuality, etc.).
Each answer should be about three to five sentences long.
Problem Solving Ability:
· Describe the most significant problem you faced in your last job/at school and explain how you solved it.
· Describe the last time you had to deal with a customer who had a problem. What was the problem and how did you solve it?
· Describe a difficult situation you faced and explain how you dealt with it.
· Tell me about a time when you went above the call of duty to satisfy a customer.
· What was your greatest disappointment and how did you handle it?
· Describe a difficult decision that you had to make. What made it difficult?
· Have you ever been asked to cover up another employee’s mistakes? What did you do and why?
· Tell about a suggestion you made that was rejected.
· Describe the worst mistake you made on the job. What steps did you take to correct it?
· Describe a dispute you had with a coworker. What led up to it and how did it get settled?
· Have you ever had to deal with someone who was being dishonest? Describe the situation and what you did about it.
· Describe the rudest customer, client, or coworker you have ever faced. How did you handle that person?
· Describe the last time you were asked to do more than your share of a task. What caused the situation and how did you deal with it?
· Describe a time when you had too many things to do within a limited time. How did you deal with the situation?
· Describe a goal that you have set for yourself.
· How do you keep yourself organized?
· Describe a time when you were faced with a tight deadline. How did you handle the situation?
· Describe the best manager you ever had.
Closer – THIS QUESTION IS MANDATORY:
· Why should I hire you?