For this assignment, you will design strategies to integrate writing into literature instruction. Complete the “Integrating Writing” template by describing writing integration that would be appropriate for students below, at, and above grade level in their current skill level.
Include the following:
- Select a grade level K-3 and a state writing standard on which to focus.
- Write a learning objective describing desired student outcomes.
- Select a genre of children’s literature to teach the standard.
- Describe writing integration strategies to address targeted skills based on the selected standard
- For each strategy, identify a grade level appropriate work of literature.
- Summarize differentiation and/or interventions for students above and below grade level
- Describe a summative assessment for each skill level (above, at, below grade level) to verify student learning
In a 100-250 word rationale, explain your writing integration strategies and how they are appropriate for students who are below, at and above grade level. Explain why you selected each work of literature.
Support your writing with 2-3 scholarly resources.