Ashford 7: – Week 6 – Final Paper
Systems Analysis Report
A Systems Analysis Report is due the last class session. The Systems Analysis Report will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Systems Analysis Report:
Your systems analysis report will consist of several steps. Use the following situations to create your analysis. Include all components in one seamless report. Your final report must be 10 – 15 pages, double-spaced, and in APA format.
You are working as a system designer for a company that manufactures heavy-duty power tools used by contractors. Every month, your regional sales and service centers batch together the hard copy repair orders for work performed under warranty. They are sent to headquarters, where they are run through a legacy mainframe batch process. A report is then generated, which the engineers analyze for signs of any problem trends in the new models. The company’s CEO has decided that this process is far too slow in today’s highly competitive business environment and wants to replace the legacy system as soon as possible with something more contemporary.
To begin this assignment, research and prepare the following:
- Prepare an estimated cost for client-server system alternative as illustrated in Figure 11-2.
- Identify at least three candidate system solutions and describe them in a candidate systems matrix using Figures 11-6 and 11-7 as examples.
- Prepare a feasibility analysis matrix, using candidate system solutions you identified and described above. Use Figures 11-8 and 11-9 as your template, but choose the weighting factors that you feel would be most appropriate in this situation. For purposes of this exercise, you may provide an estimate of the economic feasibility.
- Once the feasibility analysis matrix has been complete, write the feasibility report to executive-level managers, using the appropriate format shown in Figure 11-10.
Include all documents, charts, and graphs you created in preparation for this report in your final report. Your report should include sufficient detail to demonstrate how you obtained your information and arrived at the conclusions and recommendations.
Writing the Systems Analysis Report:
- Must be 10 – 15 double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must include at least three scholarly sources as reference. The textbook may be used as an additional reference.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.