How can withholding treatment cause an ethical dilemma in a workplace?
- Create an ethical legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse in the field of a nurse practitioner. Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing and your chosen field.
- Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
- Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
- Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
- Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
- Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
- List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
- Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion.
- The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes. The Library has Westlaw Campus Research database where you can find case laws that relate to your topic.
- 6-8 pages APA Format
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations.
- The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes. The Library has Westlaw Campus Research database where you can find case laws that relate to your topic