answer one question in 200 to 300 words:
- Describe the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu as it is depicted at various points throughout the epic. Include at least three specific examples from the text in your explanation.
- How is Gilgamesh described by the narrator at the start of the epic?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh does not exactly have a happy ending. Certainly, the hero, Gilgamesh, is not ultimately successful in his quest. Why do you think the epic ends as it does and not in a more positively heroic way?
- What role do women play in the epic? Refer to at least two female figures from the text in your response.
- Include quotes from the text if it adds to your response.
- You can write in 1st person.
- Focus on how and why you came to your answer.
- This is Reader Response. You are the reader. How did you respond to the story?