For this activity, you will research one current event (in print, video, or another type of media) that covers a specific example of strategic management in action. Your selected example needs to be from an event that occurred within the past 3 years. In addition to listing SWOT factors for your chosen organization, suggest at least two strategic actions management could take to strengthen the position of the organization within its industry.
For this activity, you will specifically:
- Conduct a web search seeking a current event related to a strategic management initiative that has been outlined and executed by an organization.
- Discuss what you uncovered about the current event that made it relevant to strategic management.
- Would you consider using this strategic management technique? Why or why not?
- How were metrics incorporated in the strategic management initiative?
- Discuss how what you found is similar or different to what was covered in our module notes, readings, and videos.
- Your paper should be two to three pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Your paper should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, in-text citations, and references for all sources following proper APA formatting.