Watch a movie of your choice with multicultural themes. Select your movie from the provided list or you may choose another title with instructor approval. Select a character in the film as the focus of your attention. You may wish to take notes as you watch the film to record relevant details as required by the assignment instructions.
After watching the movie, write a 750-1,000-word essay in which you:
- Provide a brief synopsis of the movie selected.
- Provide examples of cultural competency or the lack of cultural competency.
- Describe acts of prejudice, generalizing, stereotyping, or discrimination that take place in the movie.
- Analyze the dynamics of groupthink as exemplified in events that took place in the movie.
- Describe the diversity of social or ethnic groups in the movie.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.