To successfully complete this week’s discussion, you will need to read this article: “SCOTUS Issues Landmark Decision on Cell Phone Location Information With Major Implications for Fourth Amendment Privacy.”
In this week’s assignment, you will focus on a search involving abandonment. In this week’s discussion, you will explore another type of search related to cell phones and protections provided by the Fourth Amendment.
Please respond to the following in a substantive post:
- Explain in your own words the Supreme Court’s reasoning in this case.
- Determine whether you agree or disagree with the Supreme Court’s decision.
- Be sure to justify your rationale.
Be sure to provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Please respond substantively to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses. If possible, choose a post from a classmate who has a different opinion from you about the Supreme Court’s decision in this case.
Consider the following questions in your response:
- What points did your classmate make that you hadn’t considered before?
- How did your classmate’s post change your thinking about citizens’ rights to have the contents of their cell phones protected?
- What specific arguments did you make that you would like your classmate to consider?