Crj 305 crime prevention week1 journal article review: court crime
Journal Article Review: Court Crime Prevention Programs
During this course you will submit three journal article reviews from the Ashford Online Library. You can use this research in your Final Project due in Week Five. The reviews will addresses crime prevention strategies through one of the following criminal justice system components:
- Policing Crime Prevention Programs – policing, schools, community oriented policing (covered in Chapter 7 of Crime Prevention)
- Court Crime Prevention Programs – the Courts or sentencing (covered in Chapter 8 of Crime Prevention)
- Corrections Crime Prevention Programs – corrections, jails and prisons, boot camps, rehabilitation, or restoration (covered in Chapter 9 of Crime Prevention)
There are journal article reviews due in Weeks One, Three, and Four. For this week, select an article on a court-initiated crime prevention program. In this review, do the following:
- Summarize the article. Which type of crime prevention strategy is being addressed?
- Identify the key findings and recommendations.
- Cite the article in APA format. Information on APA is available in the Ashford Writing center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 250 words in length.