Quantitative Research Critique – Assignment Objectives
- Critique study objectives, questions, and hypotheses in research reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of methods to gather and organize information for a study.
- Identify research problems generated from the practice setting.
- Critique research problems and the purpose for a study.
- Critique literature reviews for relevance, currency, and multidisciplinary sources.
Quantitative Research Critique – Assignment Directions
- Review Polit & Beck (2020), Box 5.3 – Guide to a Focused Critical Appraisal of Evidence Quality in a Quantitative Research Report, to assist you in analyzing one of two articles listed down below.
- Use the rubric below to guide your analysis by providing a 1-3 sentence answer to each question.
- Address each component using the content from the article when furnishing your rationale.
- If a research component is not addressed in the article, you must explain whether or not this is justified.
- Be sure to meet the following criteria:
- APA 7th edition professional paper formatting
- Include both an introduction, abstract, and a conclusion
- 7-page limit, excluding title and reference pages
Please Remember to Write in Active Voice