Goal: Conduct/construct an experiential evaluation/assessment of the Gillette Corporation using the business model canvas and related sources.
Introduction: Managers who want to improve the effectiveness of their business model and organization, as well as to increase their own ability to manage, use diagnostics/assessments to determine the reality of business effectiveness in comparison to what they originally envisioned. Good feedback contributes to the development of plans to improve business/organizational effectiveness and management performance.
Instructions: Students will write a 2500-3000 word (about 10 pages in the main body) properly formatted APA paper (including a title page and references page, but no abstract) that evaluates/assesses the overall effectiveness of the business model used by your organization. This is the third of three assignments that draws from your association with your organization. The previous two “canvas” assignments flow into this one. (See attached) Identify one or more of the building blocks from the business model canvas where modification should be recommended. Be careful to avoid bias in determining the issue/problem identified by using the canvas. Do not merely critique, but contribute to your organization’s overall success. This paper should be the culmination of the overall work you have done with the business model canvas so that all the pieces go together.
Your final paper should include:
· Your business model canvas – Post-It notes discussion/observations (week 2)—summarize this area, but provide the initial canvas.
· Identification of theoretical/behavioral trends that you observe in the business model and organization (week 5)—summarize this, do not merely cut and paste.
· Discussion of appropriate theory, metaphors, and frames with which to describe your business model in operation, as well as to identify areas needing improvement and how to get there.
· Use of the course resources to evaluate and diagnose your organization’s business model, as well as an integration of the course materials into your writing and consideration.
· Recommendations for improvements identified using the canvas, theories, and assessment tools used in this course. What are the expected outcomes.
· Use eight scholarly sources (especially case studies) to undergird your assertions from peer-reviewed literature.
· Thoroughly familiarize yourself with the assignment specs and ask questions if you are unsure of expectations.
The paper must have at least eight scholarly sources. No abstract is necessary, but a title page and references page should be included. Write your paper in third person, even though you are writing about an organization that you are familiar with. To do this, write from the perspective of a scholar who observes and researches about the case. Therefore, first person should be avoided.