Capstone Project Overview
The purpose of this Capstone Project is for students to examine and solve real world information assurance problems and apply associated techniques to create practical solutions. The course takes an integrative and senior security officer approach to address the policy, risk, and control opportunities within cyberspace and IT environments. Deliverables 1 through 5 focus on preparing students toward the final Capstone Project. Skills, experience, and knowledge gained through the completion of prerequisite courses will be used throughout each deliverable. The project contents to be addressed are as follows:
Project Deliverable 4: Infrastructure and Security
Due Week 7 and worth 90 points
Project Deliverable 4 is a two-part deliverable using MS Word and MS Visio, or their open source equivalents. You are the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of a law office that occupies four (4) floors of a high-rise building in downtown Washington, D.C. There are approximately 50 PCs on the first floor, 150 PCs on the second floor, and 40 PCs on both the third and fourth floors. The servers for each department reside on their respective floors. The director of the accounting department has expressed concerns about the security of his files. For this assignment, you will explain the key functions of a cyber-security policy catalog. Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
- Document (MS Word)
- Microsoft Visio Plan (MS Visio)
Write a three to four (3-4) page deliverable in which you:
- Explain the major cyber governance issues in an organization and, because of those issues, examine how organizations develop communication protocols.
- Describe the security issues found on a network, and arrange them from highest to lowest, mapping out security loopholes to justify your answer.
- Differentiate between intellectual property theft and cyber espionage. Determine how you, as the CSO of an organization, would deal with both cases and what standard operating procedures you would follow.
4. Using Microsoft Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia, illustrate the flow of data for both input and output information in an infrastructure. The diagram must map any issues in terms of a cyber-infrastructure.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the threats of modern technology in the workplace.
- Discuss how policies play an important role in techniques adopted for cybersecurity.
- Discuss the various issues related to cyber governance, cyber users, cyber management, and cyber infrastructure.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information assurance.
- Write clearly and concisely about information assurance topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.