Directions: Read and respond to each question in complete sentences.
1. How does movie acting today differ from movie acting in the 1930s through the 1960s?
2. Why is the relationship between the actor and the camera so important in making and looking at movies?
3. How did the coming of sound influence acting and actors?
4. What is the difference between movies stars and movie actors? Why do some critics emphasize the movie stars are a commodity created by the movie industry?
5. What factors influence casting of actor in a movie?
6. How are naturalistic and non-naturalistic movie acting different?
7. What is improvisational acting?
8. How do framing, composition, lighting, and the long take affect the acting in a movie?
9. Give the range of techniques available to movie actors, why do we say that their most basic skill center around reveal themselves to the camera during the close-up?
10. What do you regard as the most important criteria in analyzing acting?