Assignment 1: Article Analysis
Locate a news article about an issue that has been addressed in Weeks 1 through 3 (e.g., poverty, pollution, etc.) in order to conduct a meta-analysis of the author’s economic perspective of the selected issue.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief overview / synopsis of the issue.
2. Discuss the model or economic theory that relates to the issue presented in the news article.
3. Discuss what economic theory states and predicts about the issue presented in the news article.
4. Assess how the situation / issue presented in the news article aligns with economic theory. For example, does it make sense from an economic perspective; is the outcome presented in the article what economic theory would predict; etc.?
5. Use at least two (2) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.