For this assignment, you will write a composition with an introductory and concluding paragraph. The body of the composition will address the following:
Consider the following roles and activities associated with employment in your field:
- Internal practitioner in your field: These are persons who specialize in their concentration’s function and work within an organization, typically employed as a full-time employee
- Consultant in your field: These are persons who practice their concentration’s skills from outside of an organizational structure
- Practicing with a specific niche in your field. With experience, a practitioner may find him- or herself exceptionally proficient in a specific aspect of his or her respective concentration and may choose to limit his or her practice to this area. Even as a specialist, the specific-niche practitioner must be a competent generalist as well, able to navigate the entire domain of the concentration.
- Leader or manager within an organization in the context of your field: This is a leader or manager within an organization whose responsibilities and work are directly related to your concentration
- Researcher in your field: Often, practitioners in the field do not undertake research or do not publish research in the field. There is a dramatic need for practitioners to document and publish their work (with appropriate human subject protection measures in place and organizational permissions secured).
- Instructor in your field: With many years of practice in their field under their belts representing a multitude of concentration-related experiences, as well as the skills for transferring knowledge to others, the scholar-practitioners may seek roles in which they teach the theory and practice of their concentration to novice practitioners.
- Other options that you may identify as related to your field
Make a correlation between these roles and your desired future in your field. Select a likely role that you will continue or that you will pursue directly following graduation.
Doctoral in Management- Organizational Development and Change- Dissertation is What happens to toxic leadership once they leave an organization.